[asterisk-users] Best way to recording the hold time for a Queue agent or an extension

Antonio Berrios antonio at sheffieldcitytaxis.com
Mon Oct 25 03:51:29 CDT 2010

  I would probably do this through the AMI, it should spew out the info
you require. Timestamp when they entered the queue and timestamp when
they get answered.

On 10/25/2010 05:01 AM, Bruce B wrote:
> Anything on this guys?
>
> I am sure someone had the need to record the HOLD time or maybe it is
> already being recorded somewhere?
>
> Any thoughts are appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Bruce
>
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 3:30 AM, Bruce B <bruceb444 at gmail.com
> <mailto:bruceb444 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Everyone,
>
>     We are using Queuemetrics but it doesn't Record the Hold Time as
>     it's never logged on the queue_log file. However, when an agent or
>     an extension presses HOLD button on their phone, asterisk does
>     create an event for Music On Hold which is logged in the
>     /var/log/asterisk/full.
>
>     I want to record the total hold time for an extension and save it
>     with an epoch time stamp.
>
>     What is the best approach to this? read and parse
>     /var/log/asterisk/full in a cron job every few seconds?
>     Have a presistent PHP-AGI connection to check for hold time events?
>
>     As much detail as possible on above approaches or other ideas are
>     most appreciated.
>
>     Thanks

The information contained in this message is private and confidential and intended only for the recipient named above. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any communication, circulation or copying of the information contained in this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify us immediately by telephone in order that we are made aware of this fact and the message can be returned to us at our address as indicated above. Activity and use of the Sheffield City Taxis e-mail service is monitored to secure its effective operation and for other lawful business purposes. Sheffield City Taxis Ltd. Registered Office: 912 City Road, Sheffield, S2 1GQ. Registered in England no: 4674148. Sheffield City Taxis Limited uses regularly updated anti-virus software in an attempt to reduce the possibility of infection. However we do not guarantee that any attachments to this e-mail are virus free.</p>