[asterisk-users] xpp_fxloader fails to load Astribank firmware on Ubuntu Lucid

David Carman tidgeza at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 00:02:17 CDT 2010

I am running Asterisk on Ubuntu 2.6.32-25-server with asterisk
1.6.2.5-0ubuntu1 and dahdi 2.2.1-0ubuntu2.

The machine has a passive HCF-based PCI ISDN card and an Astribank 8
attached. The ISDN card works fine.

root at servaction:~# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04b4:8613 Cypress Semiconductor Corp. CY7C68013
EZ-USB FX2 USB 2.0 Development Kit

root at servaction:/usr/share/dahdi# ./xpp_fxloader usb
'xpp_fxloader'[1416]: --------- FIRMWARE LOADING: (usb) [0 devices]
Got all 0 devices
'xpp_fxloader'[1446]: --------- FIRMWARE IS LOADED

Needless to say, 0 devices have the Astribank firmware loaded and
lsusb output is the same.

I tried loading with the raw fxload command: fxload -t fx2 -D
/dev/bus/usb/001/002 -I /usr/share/dahdi/USB_FW.hex

Note that /proc/bus/usb is no longer mounted in this version of
Ubuntu, so I loaded to /dev/bus/usb.

lsusb output no shows:
Bus 001 Device 002: ID ffff:ff00

Obviously incorrect and Astribank not detected with dahdi_hardware.

I bought the Astribank 8 years ago when they first came out, so it is
one of the first, but was working back then. I also downloaded and
compiled the latest version of dahdi - no difference in outcome.

Thanks in advance for any help.

David