[asterisk-users] Integrating Asterisk 1.8 with Google Talk and Google Voice

Stephen Reese rsreese at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 20:24:24 CDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 7:06 PM, Paul Belanger
<paul.belanger at polybeacon.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Stephen Reese <rsreese at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Has anyone seen a how-to on getting Asterisk to work with Google Talk
>> and Google Voice?
>>
> I wrote one last week:
> http://blog.polybeacon.com/2010/10/17/asterisk-1-8-and-google-voice/
>
> Also: http://www.davidvossel.com/?p=28

Paul,

It seems you were using a beta/SVN release for your example. Do the
following two packages need to be installed if using the stable 1.6.0
release before building from source? I ask as I am unable to dial out.

$ apt-get install libikesemel-dev
$ apt-get install libssl-dev

Secondly, do you know if the username/password are sent in clear text
to the Google?

Thanks,
Stephen