[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8 IAX Registration

Nic Colledge nic at njcolledge.net
Sun Oct 24 09:06:51 CDT 2010

Paul,
Further to my last, I think I found another small related issue with IAX which is generating the following error:
[Oct 24 14:42:12] ERROR[15589]: netsock2.c:94 ast_sockaddr_stringify_fmt: getnameinfo(): ai_family not supported
To reproduce this issue, setup a phone in iax.conf or your realtime table, goto Zoiper press register in the Preferences / IAX Account.
The phone will register correctly when your patch is applied.
Then press unregister in Zoiper.
On my realtime peers the error then shows up on the console, but for my static iax.conf peers it does not.
If you then do a "iax2 show peers" on the console, the error is displayed. Notice that the value for "Host" in the command output is a empty string (example below).
Name/Username    Host                 Mask             Port          Status
111                              (D)  255.255.255.255  0             Unmonitored

Initially (for static iax.conf peers) before registration this value is null and does not cause the error to be displayed on a "iax2 show peers" command (example below). So I'm guessing that somewhere on un-registration this is set to "" when it should be set to null.
Name/Username    Host                 Mask             Port          Status
111              (null)          (D)  255.255.255.255  0             Unmonitored

Thanks,
Nic.