[asterisk-users] Cepstral voice quality not good

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 08:14:25 CDT 2010

Actually it is bad only when received on cell phones. Today I listened to
the same voices on a Cisco 7942 and they were great. I actually enjoyed
listening to them. Not bad on X-Lite either. Previously I was mostly
listening to them only through cell phones. So it means it is because of the
transcodings at cell phone providers' ends. Bad though because many
customers use cell phones exclusively. Maybe if I convert them to gsm format
before playing, they'll play better, but will add delay and additional
processing because they are converted and played in real time.

Zeeshan A Zakaria

--
www.ilovetovoip.com
www.pbxforall.com (beta)