[asterisk-users] Just Take dCAP at Astricon?

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sat Oct 23 21:58:40 CDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 7:36 PM, Paul Belanger <paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Steve Totaro
> <stotaro at totarotechnologies.com> wrote:
> > Question:  Can I just go to Astricon and take the dCAP exam only?  In and
> > out?  Cost?
> >
> http://www.astricon.net/dCAP.aspx
> Looks like cost is $300.
>
> > Is the cert on 1.4 or 1.6 now?
> >
> When I did it in May, I used 1.6.2 for the practical.  And I believe
> there were 1.6 questions on the written too.
>
> --
> Paul Belanger | dCAP
> Polybeacon | Consultant
> Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode) |
> Blog: http://blog.polybeacon.com | Twitter: http://twitter.com/pabelanger

Thanks Paul,

It seems you must register for something Astricon, the cheapest (same price
you quoted) is the Expo only which has the dCAP option for $225 additional.

https://www.tmcnet.com/scripts/astricon/astrifall10reg.aspx?theplan=AST-O

Thanks,
Steve Totaro

A guy at TMC has been hounding me since I asked this question through them,
he started at $800 and the lowest he would negotiate was $500 and some
change.