[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8.0-rc5: Blind transfer failed, SIP REFER Method

Karsten Wemheuer kwem at gmx.de
Thu Oct 21 09:27:13 CDT 2010

Hi,

I setup an asterisk system (version 1.8.0-rc5). While using a SIP only
environment I discovered a problem using blind transfer. The phones are
SNOM or Aastra and are using the SIP REFER Method.

The following is working:
User A calls user B, B accepts the call, user A than transfers to user C

The following is NOT working:
User A calls user B, B accepts the call, user B than transfers to user C

The call is terminated by asterisk without any warnings or error message
in the CLI.

Looking at Events on AMI, I can see in the first case an Event
"Newchannel" with a "Channel: AsyncGoto..." followed by an Event
"Masquerade" in prior to the "Transfer". These events are missing in the
second case.

Is this a new bug or do I something wrong? Shall I open an issue on the
tracker?

Thanks for any hints,

Karsten