[asterisk-users] DAHDI weather quirk

jon pounder jonp at inline.net
Wed Oct 20 09:42:58 CDT 2010

On 10/20/2010 10:32 AM, Shaun Ruffell wrote:
> On 10/20/2010 09:05 AM, Mark Deneen wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Danny Nicholas<danny at debsinc.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hello list,
>>>
>>>                This may or may not be Asterisk related, but if I had hair I’d
>>> pull it out over this.  I have a TDM400P card in a Dell POWEREDGE 1550
>>> running Asterisk 1.4.30.  Everything works great except that every time it
>>> rains, I get flooded with this CLI message –
>>>

>>> Any suggestions?
>>>

>> Talk to your phone company.  It sounds like there is water in (on?)
>> your lines.  Back when I was on dialup, I had a big problem with this
>> after a rain storm and I could only connect at 9600 baud.
>>

> +1 for talking to your phone company.  I don't believe there is a way
> the driver / hardware can handle if water is shorting tip and ring on
> your lines (without breaking something else).

I agree as well, your line is getting shorted to either ground or
something with the polarity reversed and biasing it into that condition.
A 9V battery in series with (not across) the line might provide some
temporary relief when this happens, but its a line problem. Simple
diagnosis, when it rains is your server wet ? if not then its not likely
part of the problem or solution.