[asterisk-users] dahdi_genconf

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Tue Oct 19 22:38:25 CDT 2010

On 10/19/10 10:03 PM, Flavio Miranda wrote:
> Please, I am trying to understand the hardware installation on asterisk
> and I have some doubt. If I uncomment the hardware type in
> /etc/dahdi/modules and then I run the dahdi_genconf , It create the
> dahdi_channels and system.conf.
>
> Therefore, it is created with a kind of signalling that is not used in
> my country. Can I edit it?

Yes..dahdi_genconf just makes the best guess it can based on the
hardware that is loaded.  You should feel free to edit those files.
Keep in mind that if you rerun dahdi_genconf your changes could be
overwritten.  dahdi_genconf can be thought of as a tool to get you
started with your configuration.

--
Shaun Ruffell
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer