[asterisk-users] integrate Intertel Axxess with Asterisk

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 10:45:31 CDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 10:23 AM, marvin horst <fivehorsts at gmail.com> wrote:
> How did the setup work as far as extensions on the Inter-Tel system
> contacting extensions on the asterisk system?

It worked, I dare say, flawlessly. Well, as flawlessly as Inter-Tel
worked. Still had to watch out for line error counters, and still had
to reboot it daily (Windows + Inter-Tel equals unstable).

When sending calls into Inter-Tel, the other side, probably asterisk,
masquerades as telco sending in call as PRI.

In the other direction, you configure the lines as OPX, or off-premise
extensions. Just make the extensions match for each line on the PRI
and set your dialplan so you keep things making sense.