[asterisk-users] Asterisk to switch on electric heaters remotely?

Daniel Tryba daniel at tryba.nl
Mon Oct 18 11:48:18 CDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 04:34:34PM +0200, Marco Signorini wrote:
> Did you looked at Arduino + Ethernet Shield?
> Is something you can program in C or C++ to receive a simple TCP and/or
> HTTP packet and turn on an external relay.
> From the dialplan you can run an http query through curl and/or an
> external AGI command.

I second this (as a hobby project). The Arduino starter/exp kit. contains all
necesarry components (a relay and PTC). The relay can switch 5A IIRC but
since I only have to short my thermostat this is not a problem.
Spaceheaters require a heavier relay. Building this is a the combination
of 2 examples (CIRC10 and CIRC11 from
http://ardx.org/src//guide/2/ARDX-EG-OOML-DD.pdf).

--

   Daniel Tryba