[asterisk-users] Asterisk to switch on electric heaters remotely?

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Mon Oct 18 10:56:55 CDT 2010

Gilles wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm sure someone has already tried this: I use a couple of electric
> heaters to heat my office.
>
> I'd like to somehow connect them to Asterisk so that I could switch
> them on remotely by either calling the IVR or sending an e-mail to the
> Asterisk host, so that the room is warm when I get to the office :-)
>
> Any information appreciated.
>
> Thank you.

I use a linux box to control the hvac in my home using a QK108 instead
of a conventional thermostat(on a forced air nat gas furnace). I use
1wire probes from www.hobbyboards.com to monitor temperature and
humidity. I wrote custom perl cgi scripts to control this via a webpage.

Up to you from there on how fancy you want to get. I suspose you could
use an IVR system to reset the temperature...

Lyle