[asterisk-users] clustering

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Mon Oct 18 09:55:25 CDT 2010

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Rizwan Hisham
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 9:43 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] clustering

Unfortunately we are too late to switch to Kamailio. I mean we have
developed our pbx with call features and routing on asterisk only. If we
switch to some other software that means we will have to redo a lot of
development again. I was thinking of using DUNDi and distributing the
registrations on different servers.

I just dont get one point. lets say if i have 2 users registered on
different asterisk servers and one of the server fails (dundi doea not get
anything in return from lookup). But I can still get the contact information
for the user who was registered on the failed server from db (realtime peer)
for incoming calls. But what happens when that user tries to make a outgoing
call? How do I redirect the call to the server which is still working?

<snip>

Sorry for second post, but I have a Polycom 501 registered to 3 servers.  I
hit the line button and if the server I pick is down, I don't get a dial
tone.  Hope this is useful.