[asterisk-users] Asterisk to switch on electric heaters remotely?

Gareth Blades list-asterisk at skycomuk.com
Mon Oct 18 06:24:32 CDT 2010

Something like http://www.audon.co.uk/udin.html UDIN-8R. It can only
control 750W so you will probably need to get it to control a more
powerfull relay as a heater is going to take a lot of current.
It can be controlled by a virtual serial port so you just program the
extension to make a system() call to a simple script which sends a
string of characters to the serial port.

That device is quite expensive. You could probably find something much
cheaper on ebay.