[asterisk-users] clustering

Gareth Blades list-asterisk at skycomuk.com
Mon Oct 18 05:39:49 CDT 2010

Use camailio or opensips as the registrar server so it accepts the sip
registrations. You can have copies running on a couple of boxes using
either a shared databases or a database on each server configured in
master-master replication mode. Opensips can be configured to use the
same database table that asterisk uses for authentication. Then you can
use the load balancer module to send the call to whichever asterisk box
has the most free lines.
Normally you try and use opensips for most things such as call routing
and registrations and leave asterisk to do the application type stuff
such as conference calls and voicemail.