[asterisk-users] Remote Unix Connection

Dan Journo dan at keshercommunications.com
Sun Oct 17 06:32:58 CDT 2010

> Some service is definitely connecting to your asterisk using AMI. Such services use username/password described in manager.conf. Usually its is some monitoring service. Although the message says 'remote UNIX connection' but it can be very well something from localhost. I would suggest to use tcpdump to find out the IP of this service. AMI uses TCP port 5038.

I ran the following command and waited for the cli to show the "remote unix connection" message a few times.

[root at sip2 ~]# tcpdump port 5038 -w tcpdump.log -s0

tcpdump: listening on eth0, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 65535 bytes

The result was....

0 packets captured

0 packets received by filter

0 packets dropped by kernel

Therefore, it seems like nothing is connecting to the AMI?

Also, in manager.conf.... enabled=no

Any other ideas? Is this a bug?

Thanks

Dan