[asterisk-users] Audio problems on cable modem link

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Oct 15 14:25:27 CDT 2010

Hi!

> Trunking only reduces overhead after 4+ calls, so that shouldn't help
> either.  (Since this occurs at 2 calls)

Trunking requires a timing source, and you might have trouble with your
timing, that is why I suggested this (and because you did not tell us
wether you have trunking enabled or not).

In general IAX is not as well tested as SIP, and once in a while there
are interoperability issues with IAX between Asterisk versions (and/or
other IAX protocol implementations).

Apart from that: you could also try a different cable modem.

Philipp