[asterisk-users] fraud advice

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 09:52:24 CDT 2010

For future I would highly recommend to have at least fail2ban installed.
This way sipvicous IPs will be blocked instantly before they could create
any damage. Also I prefer to limit International calling to only certain
limit, e.g. only for $10 per account, but this depends upon how your
business deals with international calls. I get a few IPs blocked everyday by
fail2ban, though by default no new connections are allowed international
calls on my system.

Zeeshan A Zakaria

--
www.ilovetovoip.com

On 2010-10-15 10:40 AM, "Steve Edwards" <asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010, bruce bruce wrote:

> But it also sickens me at how badly Asterisk is made to n...
Kind of like blaming the gun manufacturer instead of the criminal with
their finger on the trigger?

Is there some gaping hole in Asterisk security or are you just asleep at
the wheel?

--
Thanks in advance,