[asterisk-users] Routers that do not show external IPs...

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Thu Oct 14 11:18:59 CDT 2010

	I have a customer that has a Trendnet TEW-435BRM router which has the
bad habit of rewriting all external connections so the Asterisk server
only sees the IP address of the router itself.  Up to today this has not
been a problem since all extensions are on the local network but now
they want to have a couple external IP phones (SIP).

	I opened up the ports on the router and my phone can register.  The
problem is that I have no audio because Asterisk thinks that the phone
is on the internal network and does not use the NAT and externip
settings.  How do you deal with this kind of router so you can have
external phones?

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001