[asterisk-users] How to connect asterisk PBX to PSTN

Gopalakrishnan A.N saigop at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 09:09:25 CDT 2010

Hi Joshi,

To connect with PSTN line you need FXO / FXS card. FXO is used to connect CO
line and FXS is used to connect internal station line. With help of FXO you
can connect the outside world and with help of FXS you can connect normal
analog phones. Inspite of normal analog phones you can connect SIP phones
(soft phones) also. Some vendors are there for these PSTN cards like Digium,
Sangoma, Openvox.

Good luck....:)

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Jigar Joshi <jigarjm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello community,
>
> I have successfully set up asterisk free PBX server and I am also able to
> connect to it by softphone.
>
> Now as next step I want to extend this to PSTN ,
>
> My Required scenario:
>
> I need a number which will connect outside PSTN world to my PBX and by
> applying extension particular softphone or connected normal phone should get
> connected.
>
> Which hardware I need for it.
> Also please explain a bit of dial plans.
>
> Thanks
>

> --

Thank you  with regards,
Gopalakrishnan A.N,