[asterisk-users] Using hint priority with LDAP extensions and users

Maciej Paszta maciej.paszta at secpl.cs.put.poznan.pl
Thu Oct 14 06:27:39 CDT 2010

  On 2010-10-14 11:29, Maciej Paszta wrote:
>  Hi!
>
> I've configured LDAP to read both users and extensions from LDAP
> server. However, I'm experiencing problems with state tracking.
> Previously when using static files, I was able to map extension number
> with channel state using:
>
> [sip_phones]
> exten => 100,hint,SIP/user
> exten => user,hint,SIP/user
> ..
> rest of the dialplan
>
> Thus when someone called the user, hint SIP/user showed channel state
> as BUSY and I was able to use call limits etc. Now I've added this
> line to [sip_phones]:
>
> switch => Realtime/@
>
> My hints, and call limits as well, stopped working. I've tried to move
> hints to LDAP (which would be ideal situation for me), setting
> AstPriority to "hint" but I don't think they are event fetched. So the
> question is... I'm I doing something wrong or it's just impossible to
> use those two solutions (hints + LDAP) together?
>
> PS. I'm using Asterisk 1.6.2 if it helps with anything.

Seems like I've managed to fix the issue. The first thing was that my
LDAP schema didn't allow for "gecos" attribute to be inside
AsteriskSIPUser (provided asterisk.ldif misses a few things ;). Another
one was to add "rtcachefriends=yes" to general section of "sip.conf".
The last was to add call-limit=AstAccountCallLimit to res_ldap.conf in
[sip] section. Another issue is - can I keep hints in LDAP?

--
Maciej Paszta
Mobile Systems Research Labs, Poznan University of Technology