[asterisk-users] call forwarding callerID

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Wed Oct 13 14:52:06 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Gerard
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 2:41 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-users] call forwarding callerID

Hi list,
This is not necessarily an asterisk issue, but a lot of you guys know
way more then me, so I have a question:
someone at my company sets his phone to forward calls to his cellphone,
so someone calls our office, call is forwarded to his cell, and the
callerID that shows up on his cell is of course our office number,
because asterisk originates a new call to his cell and then bridges the two.
so he told me, a partner of his, at his office does the same thing, and
when he does it, the callerID shows up as coming from the initial
caller, not from his office.

so here's the schematic:
customer -> our office ---callforward--> cellphone

so should I call AT&T and ask them to unlock our callerID so I can set
the outgoing callerID to the customer's number in my dialplan? or is
there some other way to handle this?

I appreciate any input,
Thanks!
--
Gerard Saraber
Network Admin.

I think FOLLOWME is going to "fix this for you"