[asterisk-users] DMTF Mode

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Wed Oct 13 09:53:33 CDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Dan Journo
<dan at keshercommunications.com> wrote:
> How can I tell if Asterisk is sending the tones through to the provider? I
> need to find out whether its something I'm doing, or something the provider
> is doing.

You need to enable DTMF logging (logger.conf) and debug an incoming /
outgoing call.  However, if your DTMF works locally, with asterisk and
SIP phones, but does not with your provider.  Then I would suspect the
issue is with your ITSP, make sure your provider is not converting
out-of-band tones to inband, or something like that.

--
Paul Belanger | dCAP
Polybeacon | Consultant