[asterisk-users] sound file debug

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Oct 12 15:23:47 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Roger Burton
West
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 3:15 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] sound file debug

You have two separate problems here:

(1)

>dollars.WAV:  RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 8 bit,
>mono 8000 Hz

You should have generated this with 16-bit resolution, like all the
others.

(2)

Not sure about the cents - sure it's coming out as 16-bit? Is the file
in the right place?

Don't know I would have ever found this in google, but apparently it's a
Background (Playback?) bug.  If I do Background(foo) and there is only a
foo.WAV, I get the message in the CLI from my prior post.  But, if there is
also a foo.wav, Background apparently loads and plays that file.
Here is the updated "file" for dollars that works
file dollars*
dollars.gsm: data
dollars.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit,
mono 8000 Hz
dollars.WAV: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit,
mono 8000 Hz

Can't be 100% certain on #2, but it must have been "right" because it works
now.  Go figure.