[asterisk-users] MWI Assistance

Dan Journo dan at keshercommunications.com
Mon Oct 11 17:21:50 CDT 2010

Hi,

I'm struggling to get the MWI set up on a few Polycom phones.

The setup is like this.

I've got a few phones in the context called [company2_phones] and I've got a few mailboxes in the voicemail context [company2].

Therefore, for each entry in sip.conf (i'm actually using sip realtime if that makes a difference), i've entered "mailbox=1 at company2" (1 being the name of the mailbox)

However, the phone doesnt subscribe to the mailbox status.

In the Polycom documentation, it asks me to provide:- ASCII encoded string containing digits (the user part of a SIP URL) or a string that constitutes a valid SIP URL (6416 or 6416 at polycom.com)

But I have no idea what to enter. I've tried everything I can think of but I get this in the Asterisk CLI:-
[2010-10-11 23:06:08] NOTICE[18424]: chan_sip.c:16331 handle_request_subscribe: Received SIP subscribe for peer without mailbox: company2_201

company2_201 is the user part listed in sip.conf for that particular extension.

What do I enter in order to get it to request the mailbox status?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dan