[asterisk-users] Modifying cid.cid_name in app_parkandannounce.c

dotnetdub dotnetdub at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 08:46:14 CDT 2010

Hi List,

I need to modify the callerID name of the call coming back when a parked
call returns to the extension that parked it when it times out.

Looking at app_parkandannounce.c

/* Now place the call to the extention */

        snprintf(buf, sizeof(buf), "%d", lot);
        memset(&oh, 0, sizeof(oh));
        oh.parent_channel = chan;
        oh.vars = ast_variable_new("_PARKEDAT", buf);
        dchan = __ast_request_and_dial(dialtech, AST_FORMAT_SLINEAR,
dialstr,30000, &outstate, chan->cid.cid_num, chan->cid.cid_name, &oh);

I assume (I hope not incorrectly) that I have to modify the
variable chan->cid.cid_name

Could one of the Asterisk gurus point me in the right direction as to how to
do this?

Thanks in advance
Brian