[asterisk-users] Polycom getting DCHP address from wrong VLAN

Thermal Wetland thermalwetland at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 01:37:33 CDT 2010

Hello,

I have been tearing my hair out on this issue for 2 days, any help
would be appreciated.

We have a normal network and a Cisco SGE2010P switch - a 48 port PoE switch

There are two VLANs, 1(data) & 50(VoIP).  When Polycoms are connected
to the switch with VLAN 50 hard coded in the config they grab a DHCP
address from VLAN 1, the PVID for the switch port.

The ports have membership in VLAN 1 as the PVID and VLAN 50 as tagged
traffic.  I know the VoIP DHCP server is working because if I change a
port to have a PVID of 50 any device gets the address from the VoIP
DHCP server.

I have tried the ports as 'general' and 'trunk' with no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't have much hair left!

--
-Thermal