[asterisk-users] integrate Intertel Axxess with Asterisk

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 15:30:00 CDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 5:00 PM, marvin horst <fivehorsts at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone successfully integrated Asterisk with an Inter-tel Axxess phone
> system via a SIP trunk using the IPRC card?

I have, believe it or not, integrated Asterisk with Inter-Tel.

However, not via SIP. Run the costs.

When I did, it was way cheaper to integrate asterisk with Inter-Tel
via PRI card than via SIP, especially when you figured price per
channel. I had a bunch of PRI cards on Inter-Tel talking to asterisk.
That was revision one.

Revision two, as we got bigger, I went to Cisco gear, like the 3845,
and plugged the PRIs from Inter-Tel into the Cisco gear, and used the
Cisco gear for the SIP conversion. This let asterisk talk straight SIP
and not worry about talking directly to the Inter-Tel.

We grew the Inter-Tel to as big as we could get it, offloaded as much
as we could, and eventually we couldn't fit our call center into it
anymore. Now we're Cisco for the call center.

I don't know whether what I used was called Inter-Tel Axxess. I always
just called it Inter-Tel.