[asterisk-users] Polycom: full caller ID?

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Thu Oct 7 09:43:16 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Ken D'Ambrosio
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 9:34 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] Polycom: full caller ID?

Hi, all.  When I get calls on my SoundPoints, I only see the number -- is
there a way to get the alpha portion of the CID, as well?

Thanks!

-Ken

I'm guessing that you could set fullname in users.conf and correct this.
CallerID is a hit-or-miss proposition as documented elsewhere in this list.
Some TELCO's are very good (201-555-1212 Harry's wig Emporium) and others
not so (201-555-1212 Unknown caller) or (201-555-1212 Cell phone).  You can
address this internally for your most frequent callers.  You flip a coin on
"cold" calls.