[asterisk-users] Implementing more than one asterisk instance in the same hardware machine?

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 10:40:56 CDT 2010

You can use proxmox from proxmox.com. I am using it for the same reason you
want to use it. I have been testing it for some time now and it works great.

Proxmox is an excellent hypervisor and it is free. Easy to install and
simple to setup. Install it drom its ISO. Then you can download a OenVZ
CentOS 5.2 instance for it from proxmox website, install it, give it an IP
address and you have your server ready. Install on it asterisk as you would
on any other system. I have detailed instructions for it on my blog, which I
documented when I was setting up asterisk from scratch on a CentOS instance
on proxmox.

Once you have asterisk all setup, you can simply copy/paste the folder with
virtual machine instance using a new name, and you have a second copy of
your asterisk setup. Assign it a different IP address. I created 7 copies of
my main setup, each with its own IP address.

Proxmox also gives you option for hardware level virtulization, called KVM.
I haven't tried it. With only OpenVZ you shall not be able to use
zaptel/dahdi hardware though, and I don't know if KVM allows for it.

Zeeshan A Zakaria

--
www.ilovetovoip.com

On 2010-10-05 10:57 AM, "Steve Howes" <steve-lists at geekinter.net> wrote:

On 5 Oct 2010, at 15:13, Gordon Henderson wrote:
>> $ /home/asterisk1/usr/sbin/asterisk -g for firs...
More than one IP on the box. Change the bind address..

Easy, no?

Steve