[asterisk-users] take input and store in variable

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Mon Oct 4 14:43:55 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Tom Lohmuller
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 2:27 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] take input and store in variable

I am using a context to change values in a DB. Currently in my context, I
am passing it to

exten => s,1,WaitExten(7) ; 7 seconds to input
exten => s,n,Set(NEW_VAR=${EXTEN})   ;Here is my problem. This is the only
way I know how to 'grab' user input, which was normally from ${EXTEN} but
I realize this won't work for extension 's'......

The short google search I did didn't turn up anything concrete.

Thank you!

-Tom

Exten => s,1,Read(NEW_VAR,,7,skip,1,5)
This will load NEW_VAR with 7 or fewer digits in 5 seconds.