[asterisk-users] SIP flood attacK

Barry Miller asterisk-users at notanet.net
Sun Oct 3 18:17:36 CDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 03, 2010 at 02:19:35PM -0600, Greg Saunders wrote:
> Hello all. I was recently the victim of a SIP flood attack. I'm wondering
> what is the best method to prevent such things in the future.

In sip.conf:
	[general]
	alwaysauthreject = yes

The attacking program is probably svwar.py (part of SIPVicious).  It
will give up as soon as it realizes it can't tell the difference
between attempting to register an invalid extension and a valid one
(with an arbitrary password).

It's the default in 1.8, but the option goes back at least to 1.4.

--
Barry