[asterisk-users] Security - Using Linksys PAP2T from outside with a dynamic IP is there anyway to block all other traffic but those of the PAP2T?

bruce bruce bruceb444 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 13:56:11 CDT 2010

Hi Everyone

I think PAP2T supports DynDNS and other Dynamic DNS providers. I have a box
that needs to be secured at all times. Currently it's not connected to the
internet. If it were connected, I would have iptables block any and all
traffic from outside but I want a single device - Linksys PAP2T - to be able
to connect back to the server. That is a stand alone device and doesn't
support VPN and I don't have the luxury of putting a VPN client on the PAP2T
side to connect back to the server. Is there any way I can DynDNS on the
PAP2T to somehow notify the Asterisk Server that it's a safe device coming
in?

I do use fail2ban but that is not what I am looking for at this moment. And
since the IP is dynamic on the PAP2T, I can't just use the iptables to let
it in as it might change all a sudden.

Thanks