[asterisk-users] Trying to configure a SIP software phone

Gary Kuznitz docfxit at theoffice.la
Tue Nov 30 22:14:08 CST 2010

Thank you for the reply.

Comments below...

On 30 Nov 2010 at 20:21, Warren (Warren Selby <wcselby at selbytech.com>)
commented about Re: [asterisk-users] Trying to configure a SIP so:

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Gary Kuznitz <docfxit at theoffice.la> wrote:
    I have been told that my logic in extentions.conf is wrong in trying to configure a
    SIP
    software phone called Express Talk (remote) .

    I'd like to make outgoing calls and calls to local extensions.

    Could someone please look at my configuration files at
    http://pastebin.com/ajp62wqF
    and see what I did wrong?

    Thank you,

    Gary

That pastebin shows a lot of things that seem wrong. From the error message at the
bottom of the pastebin, it looks like you've configured your softphone to register
using the username 120, however you've configured your sip peer in sip.conf as "Gary"
for the username. You'll need to match those up for starters. The extensions.conf
snippet has a lot of odd logic to it as well, but before we begin to tackle that, let's
get the phone registered first.

I changed the user in the softphone to Gary.  This is the new log.

20:07:48 SIP Public IP is: 75.xxx.xxx.xxx:4582
20:07:48 SIP Number: Gary at 75.xxx.xxx.xxx:4582
20:07:48 Attempting to register sip:Gary at 208.xxx.xxx.xxx
20:08:30 Server 208.xxx.xxx.xxx did not respond to register (user
sip:Gary at 208.xxx.xxx.xxx)
20:08:30 Check server details for that line
--
Thanks,
--Warren Selby, dCAP