[asterisk-users] Rhino Channelbank...

Bryce Chidester bryce at rhinoequipment.com
Tue Nov 30 13:03:24 CST 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 11:25, Carlos Chavez <cursor at telecomabmex.com>wrote:

>        I am having a problem with a Rhino channelbank.  I have an Asterisk
> server running 1.6.2.9 and DAHDI 2.4.0 on a CentOS 5.5 system.  We have
> a TE420 card with the first port used in E1 mode (R2, 20 channels) and
> the fourth is in T1 mode for the channelbank.  We are using MG2 echo
> cancellation.
>
>        The Rhino unit has 12 FXO ports.  Five are GSM adapters and another
> five are regular phone lines.  We are having problems with the GSM lines
> at the moment.  When we enable MG2 on those lines we get dropped calls
> or noise or the call cannot go through.  If I disable eco cancellation
> it mostly works (one port still drops the call almost immediately) but
> there is echo.
>
> Here is the DAHDI configuration:
>
> # Span 4: TE4/0/4 "T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 4" B8ZS/ESF
> span=2,2,0,esf,b8zs
> # termtype: te
> fxsks=94-105
> #echocanceller=mg2,94-105
>
> Here is chan_dahdi.conf
> ; Span 4: TE4/0/4 "T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 4" B8ZS/ESF
> group=4
> context=from-pstn
> signalling = fxs_ks
> accountcode=Celulares
> faxdetect=no
> echocancel=no
> echocancelwhenbridged=no
> echotraining=no
> channel => 94-97,104-105
>
>        Does anyone have any suggestions on how to enable echo cancellation
> on
> the Rhino Channelbank?
>
> --
> Telecomunicaciones Abiertas de México S.A. de C.V.
> Carlos Chávez Prats
> Director de Tecnología
> +52-55-91169161 ext 2001

Hello Carlos,
Channel banks do not have any echo-cancellation to be enabled, they are a
simple pass-through device. I suspect the echo you are hearing is the result
of an impedance mis-match, especially since this is only happening with your
GSM adapters. I would suggest opening a support ticket with us directly,
http://support.rhinoequipment.com, and be sure to include all the details
you can such as the make and model of the GSM adapters.
One other test you might try - If you connect a regular telephone directly
to one of the GSM adapters, do you hear echo?

--

Regards,
Bryce Chidester