[asterisk-users] kernel: dahdi: Detected time shift.

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Mon Nov 29 18:28:59 CST 2010

On 11/25/10 7:12 AM, Jonas Kellens wrote:
> @ Shaun Ruffell : What do you mean by Wall time ?
> This server is indeed also time server (ntpd is running)

Basically that the time on the server matches up with the time actual
time you would see on a wall clock.  Based on your response to Willaim
Stillwell below, it sounds like it is keeping accurate wall time.

> @ Mark Deneen : No, no monitor attached. This is a Xen VPS. I do have a
> VPS interface, but this is also frozen when the server hangs...
>
> @ William Stillwell : I run Asterisk 1.6.2.10 with Dahdi 2.4.0 (as
> timing source). Time on my server seems very consistent. When doing
> /usr/sbin/ntpdate (once a month) there is a very very small offset.

How often does this happen?  Daily, Weekly, etc?  Also, when you say the
server freezes is it completely locked or can you make the caps lock key
LED go on and off on your keyboard?

Also, you said that this started occurring lately.  Was there some other
system change that was made about the time you noticed the problems start?

--
Shaun Ruffell
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer