[asterisk-users] Unit of measurement dahdi_monitor

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 12:55:38 CST 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Gustavo Santos <gustavo at voip.ufrj.br>wrote:

> I am studying about echo cancellation in asterisk and I want to use the
> numeric information from dahdi_monitor verbose for my research.
> Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything about the unit of measurement used
> in this tool. Which unit is used to measure the signal level?

dahdi_monitor uses the sample values in L16 format.

They are in orders of magnitud of G.711. See tables 5 and 6 of the G.711
spec. In the end, the reference value is the dBm (google that).

Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham ON L3R 9R6
Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x128 | e. moy at sangoma.com