[asterisk-users] DAHDI phantom pickup when ringing

Jonathan Hunter jmhunter1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 19:04:07 CST 2010

Tzafrir,

On 24 November 2010 18:12, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:

> Can you replicate those phantom answers without calling all channels?
>
> Try:
>
>  originate DAHDI/7 application Echo
>
> Does that line answer without you picking up the phone? Or does it
> require a combination of several channels ringing at the same time?

Good thinking - I tried this, and also Lye's suggestion to swap channels.

When calling just one channel at a time (the command above didn't work for
me from the command line - is it a Manager command? Either way, I set up an
extension to Dial() just that DAHDI channel to test it), I didn't manage to
reproduce the problem.

Admittedly this isn't an exhaustive test - I may just not have triggered the
right conditions this time - but it does indicate to me that it has
something to do with ringing multiple channels at once.

I then swapped the channels around (5 became 23, and 7 became 14). This
seemed to work better at first - I was able to make three or four calls
without any phantom pickups. Sadly, DAHDI/14 then picked up and proved that
it wasn't quite fixed :)

We've certainly eliminated a couple of things already, which is good...

Thank you, all, for your continued help!

Jonathan