[asterisk-users] action at registering or de-registering

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Wed Nov 24 15:08:50 CST 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 08:29 -0500, Ryan Bullock wrote:
> On Asterisk 1.8 when a SIP peer resgisters or unregisters it generates
> a PeerStatus event. I don't know if this is in 1.4/1.6 as well, but
> should be easy enough to test.
>
> Here is an example of what I see on the manager interface during a
> register/unregister:
>
> Event: PeerStatus
> Privilege: system,all
> ChannelType: SIP
> Peer: SIP/twinkle
> PeerStatus: Registered
> Address: 192.168.56.1:5068
>
> Event: PeerStatus
> Privilege: system,all
> ChannelType: SIP
> Peer: SIP/twinkle
> PeerStatus: Unregistered
>
> I think that should work for whatever you need to do.

I'm doing a fresh install, so 1.8 is what i'm going to use.

What i want to check, is whether to person who is doing a register, is
realy the person at the other end of a VPN-tunnel.
With openvpn i'm absolutely sure which person is at a certain
vpn-ip-addres. I must check if the registering is faked or not.

As ong as linphone (or for that matter any other softphone) does not
have a possibility for using the libraries from opensc, there is no
other way...

So next couple of weeks i'll start exploring AMI,

Thanks!