[asterisk-users] kernel: dahdi: Detected time shift.

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Wed Nov 24 10:43:30 CST 2010

Hello list,

I'm experiencing a lot of server freezes lately. The server just... freezes.

I notice in the log files (/var/log/asterisk/messages &
/var/log/messages) that logging stops at the time the server hangs.
Logging continues when the server has been restarted (which is the only
solution).

So it is not a proces that hangs, it's the entire server (CentOS5.5 +
Asterisk + MySQL).

I really have no idea what can be causing these sudden freezes. Memory
stays mostly at 250MB of 512 MB total, CPU is 97% to 100% idle...

/var/log/asterisk/debug tells me nothing, no lines that indicate
something strange before the freeze (debug level 9).

I have no core.pid file in /tmp, when I look after rebooting the server.

The only thing I have is a high level of mentionning of "kernel: dahdi:
Detected time shift." in /var/log/messages.

What is causing this kernel message ? Could this be the cause of the
server freeze ?

Thank you for every feedback you can give me.

Kind regards,
Jonas.