[asterisk-users] callerid not forwarded when transferring call from ISDN line to mobile phone via Asterisk

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 24 08:47:26 CST 2010

2010/11/20 Olivier <oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr>

> Depending on what telco Charlie is connected to would change the CallerId
> presented to Charlie from being Alice's or Bob's Cid.
>
> When a call is forwarded, Charlie's telco receives different ANI and CID :
> some (seems to) favor ANI and some CID.
>
> An interesting thing to test is to let Bob issue a simple call to Charlie
> using a fake CID such as 0123456789.
> Will Charlie's phone display this non-existent number or not ?

Another trap is recently discovered is :
sometimes, the call is presented to Charlie with Alice's name and Bob's
number !!

I met this one when Charlie is subscribed to an analog line with Caller Name
Service enabled.
For a reason I don't know, it seems that the numbers choosen to display the
name and the number are different (ANI and CID).