[asterisk-users] SPA942 on speaker phone does not hang up?

Sherwood McGowan sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 05:48:24 CST 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 5:16 AM, Cassius Smith <cassius at cassius.org> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am using Linksys SPA942 in my current installation activity. I see a
> peculiar behavior: A call is made and the SPA942 uses its speaker. When the
> far end of a call hangs up , the SPA942 stays off hook, and after a time
> plays a fast busy. The user then has to press the line presence button to
> hang up the phone.
> I think I must be missing some sip.conf parameter. My sip.conf is pretty
> simple for these extensions; here is what I am using now:
> [extension1234]
> mailbox=1234 at default
> type=friend
> context=users
> host=dynamic
> secret=verysecret
> I have looked at the sample sip.conf and did not get any clues, also the
> SPA900 Admin Manual doesn't say anything about it.
> Thanks
> Cassius
> --

Something that would help you GREATLY in determining what's going on
is to run a packet capture (such as with tshark or tcpdump) and read
the "conversation" between your device and Asterisk

e.g.: tshark -f 'port 5060' -w /tmp/test.pcap -S

Run the above command (if you have tshark, which is the terminal
version of Wireshark), perform a test call that duplicates this issue,
then press CTRL-C on the terminal, download /tmp/test.pcap, and open
it in Wireshark. Of course, you'll need to know how to read a SIP
conversation, but that's beyond the scope of this email