[asterisk-users] Someone has hacked into our system

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Mon Nov 22 17:23:12 CST 2010

On Monday 22 November 2010 17:10:31 Gary Kuznitz wrote:
> I have the log now. I'd like to know what to look for in trying to figure
> out how the calls are getting originated. I'd be happy to shere all the
> information. I just don't want to post information on this public list that
> might show other people how to get in to our box.

allowguest=yes in sip.conf, with a context= in the [general] section that
is permitted to make outbound calls?  Just a guess, but there have been
more than a few such discussions on the list about that configuration, plus
a README-SERIOUSLY.bestpractices.txt in the root directory of every Asterisk
source tree.  You DID read that file, right?

--
Tilghman Lesher