[asterisk-users] ISDN-FAX with Asterisk

Daniel Tryba daniel at tryba.nl
Mon Nov 22 12:26:15 CST 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 10:54:53PM +0100, Thorolf Godawa wrote:
> since some time I am looking for a current and reliable solution to send
> and receive faxes (probably fax-2-mail and mail-2-fax) in conjunction
> with Asterisk.
[snip]
> What are you using? mISDN, CAPI4linux, HylaFAX, IAXmodem, chan_misdn, ... ?

Hylafax/IAXmodem hasn't let me down so far, it works independent of
technology (it only needs alaw/ulaw). Jitter has the ability to kill
the transfers, but that shouldn't be any problem with ISDN.

Just create a bunch of iaxmodems and configure them in hylafax.

For incoming faxes to email I set the callerID name to the emailadress
in the dialplan and in etc/FaxDispatch set SENDTO to "$CIDNAME". For
outgoing faxes from email read the manpage of sendfax (save the
attachment, convert it when necessary, call sendfax with the senders
emailadress so notification get send back to the sender).

--

   Daniel Tryba