[asterisk-users] Using AMI to harvest / record HOLD time - Using FreePBX

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 11:28:34 CST 2010

Hi Everyone,

I am looking into AMI (using PHP) to record every instance of HOLD that is
generated by putting a caller on HOLD (press hold button on the phone set).
There is no HOLD in Asterisk but the event Music on Hold is generated when
HOLD is pressed. The complexity is that all of the the calls are handled by
FreePBX so I don't have the channel IDs etc...

Can someone please point out how I can have an AMI session connected at all
times (if that is wise) to harvest these Music on Hold events and to record
the duration of the HOLD? I would be able to place it in the asteriskcdrdb
then for reporting purposes.

Thanks,