[asterisk-users] URGENT Help needed

Michael voip.question at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 03:09:13 CST 2010

Hello,

We tried to upgrade our Asterisk from 1.6.2.13 to 1.6.2.14, after trying
to install iksemel (jabber support) and spandsp, but now Asterisk
doesn't work anymore and we can't get it to run, althorugh we tried to
remove it completely and reinstall 1.6.2.13.

when trying to start it via /etc/init.d/asterisk start we get the
following error:

Asterisk died with code 1.
Automatically restarting Asterisk.
Asterisk ended with exit status 1

When just trying to run it as asterisk from the command line, we don't
see the process being active and we get this message when running
asterisk -r, although the file is present:
Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does
/var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Michael