[asterisk-users] Early audio (long distance codes) not working after upgrading to 1.8?

Jonathan C. Bailey jbailey at co.marshall.ia.us
Sun Nov 21 20:41:23 CST 2010

Hello,

We recently upgraded to Asterisk 1.8/DAHDI 2.4/WANPipe 3.5.16. This system is connected to a PRI where the provider requires long distance codes. Normally, you dial, see progress and hear a tone (call is still "unanswered" at this point), enter your code, and it starts ringing as a normal call. Since upgrading, we aren't getting the tone anymore and aren't able to enter any digits at the "right place". The only workaround we've seen is to use something like below (which works).

Does anyone know what changed between 1.4 and 1.8 in regards to early audio (both hearing it and interacting with it)?

exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX#XXXX,1,Dial(Local/ld${EXTEN:0:11}@trunk-ld,,D(ww${EXTEN:-4}))             ; Dial the access extension
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX#XXXX,n,Hangup

exten => _ld.,1,Answer
exten => _ld.,n,Dial(${PSTN_TRUNK}/${EXTEN:2},90)
exten => _ld.,n,Hangup

-Jon