[asterisk-users] Installing Asterisk to it's own directory

Stephen Brown stephen.brown75 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 07:48:27 CST 2010

Thanks... I actually did a ./configure --prefix=/root/asterisk18 and
ended up with this:

root at debian-squeeze:~/asterisk18# pwd
/root/asterisk18

root at debian-squeeze:~/asterisk18# ls -al
total 32
drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 Nov 19 18:09 .
drwx------ 5 root root 4096 Nov 19 18:37 ..
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Nov 19 18:09 etc
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Nov 19 18:09 include
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Nov 19 18:09 lib
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Nov 19 18:09 sbin
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Nov 19 18:09 share
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4096 Nov 19 18:09 var

Have I essentially accomplished the same thing by doing it this way?
This is in a virtual machine alongside an Asterisk 1.6 install (for
testing), I'm still a little gunshy to touch my production box as of
yet..... but the 1.8 install did work, I was able to make a call to the
demo context :)

Thanks,
Stephen