[asterisk-users] How many Asterisk PBX operating in the World?

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Nov 17 16:32:14 CST 2010

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010, Andrew Latham wrote:

>> Wouldn't apply to you, Steve, but sooner or later somebody will probably
>> imbed an innocuous "phone-home" into one of the Asterisk modules and it will
>> take a C person like yourself to point out the "Microsoft-ness" of this
>> snippet.
>
> How many people actually allow their primary PBXes to touch the
> Internet?  Just curious as it sound funny to me.

I had a small number of clients in the early days who did not have global
Internet connectivity. They ran their own private network, but it wasn't
connected physically to the global Internet. No issues with upgrading as
they never needed upgrading.

Big hassle with the HPEC licensing which is why I lost that customer then
moved to OSLEC.

Gordon