[asterisk-users] How many Asterisk PBX operating in the World?

Stefan Schmidt sst at sil.at
Wed Nov 17 12:07:14 CST 2010

Am 17.11.2010 18:06, schrieb Andrew Latham:
> John Todd should have a good answer for this.  I would start my
> estimate at 200,000+ if you are including all of the versions and
> types.  Software like BigBlueButton includes Asterisk so it can get
> confusing real fast.
>
> ~
> Andrew "lathama" Latham
> lathama at gmail.com
>
> * Learn more about OSS http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-source_software
> * Learn more about Linux http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux
> * Learn more about Tux http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tux

have a look at the keynote from astricon this year where Kevin Fleming
said there is around 1 million servers running asterisk out there and
about 2,2 million downloads from asterisk.org this year.

btw its used in 169 countries of the world as digium can verify.

http://blogs.digium.com/2010/11/11/astricon-2010-keynote-the-future-of-open-source-communications/

best regards

stefan